• apply now
  • Canvas
  • mymacc
  • enroll now

TruMACC Financial Aid Process

  1. Apply for admission at Moberly Area Community College (MACC) and Truman State University (TSU) and complete the TruMACC supplement Students may enter the TruMACC Transition Program from a variety of avenues:
    • Fully admitted to Truman but prefer to initially attend a community college
    • Admitted to Truman contingent upon successful completion of the TruMACC program
    • Admitted to or attending MACC and referred to the TruMACC program by a MACC advisor.
  2. Submit your official transcripts to MACC’s Student Affairs Office
    • High School Transcripts can be faxed to 660-263-2406 or submitted electronically via email to (All high school transcripts MUST come from the high school)
    • If you received an out of state GED/HiSET, these transcripts can be requested though the facility where the test was taken or at diplomasender.com
    • Submit all college transcripts (including dual credit) to Student Affair.
      • If mailing transcripts, please submit to the following address:
        Moberly Area Community College – Registrar
        101 College Avenue, Moberly, MO 65270
      • If submitting college transcripts electronically; they MUST come from the college OR be sent through a clearinghouse.
      • College transcripts may be hand delivered to an Academic Advisor or Student Affairs IF they are in a sealed envelope. Faxed copies of college transcripts are not considered official.
      • NOTE: Official transcripts from TSU must be sent to MACC at the end of each semester. Financial aid cannot be renewed for a subsequent semester if the TSU transcript is missing. This process is completed automatically for eligible TruMACC students who do not have any holds on their TSU account.
  3. Complete the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov using student (and parents’, if dependent) 2019 tax return;
    • 2020-2021 FAFSA is used for fall 2021, spring 2022, and summer 2022
    • Make sure to include MACC’s Federal School Code: 002491.
    • The Financial Aid Office will issue correspondence within approximately two weeks if additional information is needed.
      • Correspondence will come in the form of a letter mailed to student’s permanent mailing address.
      • Missing documents may also be verified through the Financial Aid Portal in myMACC.
  4. Register for classes at MACC and TSU with an Academic Advisor with a co-advising appointment
  5. Complete the TruMACC Consortium with MACC Academic Advisor during enrollment process.
    • The consortium agreement between MACC and TSU allows eligible students to receive financial aid based on their combined enrollment at MACC and TSU, for all courses which are required for the MACC degree. This includes Pell Grant funding, Access Missouri Grant, Missouri A+ Scholarship and Federal Student Loans.
    • A consortium agreement must be completed each semester.
  6. Students eligible for the Federal Pell Grant will be awarded based on their Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number from the FAFSA and their combined enrollment status at MACC and TSU.
  7. A+ eligible students will need to complete an A+ Enrollment Form every semester. To access the online A+ Form: Log in to myMACC >> Student tab >> Financial Aid >> Financial Aid Forms
    • A+ requires all federal grants (Pell & SEOG) to be applied towards A+ eligible charges prior to A+ being awarded.
    • A+ will pay for MACC’s tuition, student activity fee, and technology fee up to the reimbursement cap set by Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development (MDHEWD) after federal grants have been applied.
    • A+ will not pay for MACC lab fees, course fees (eBooks), or textbooks.
    • A+ will not pay for any TSU charges.
    • Hours registered at TSU will count toward the full time (12 credit hours) requirement for A+
  8. Students may apply for Federal Direct Student Loans to help cover the cost of MACC charges and TSU charges. The following must be completed:
    • Complete online Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov
    • Attend an In-Person Loan Entrance Counseling session – See list of dates and times here: https://www.macc.edu/loan-counseling
    • Sign a Master Promissory Note online at studentaid.gov
    • Complete and return MACC’s 2021-2022 Student Loan Data Sheet
      • Dependent Freshman (less than 29 hours towards degree) are eligible up to $5,500 per year
      • Dependent Sophomores (30 or more hours toward degree) are eligible up to $6,500 per year
  9. Parents may apply for a Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS). PLUS loans are available for parents of dependent students to help with educationally related expenses.
    • A credit check must be conducted by The U.S. Department of Education at studentaid.gov
    • If approved, the following must be completed:
    • Parent is required to sign a Master Promissory Note for Parent Plus Loan Borrowers at studentaid.gov
    • Complete and return MACC’s 2021-2022 Federal Direct PLUS Loan Data Sheet and PLUS Loan Check Routing Form
    • Parents are eligible to borrow up to the student’s Cost of Attendance (less other aid the student is receiving)
    • If denied, the student is eligible to borrow an additional $4,000 of unsubsidized Direct Student Loans.
  10. Cost of Attendance (COA) includes averaged amounts for tuition, fees, books, supplies, housing*, meals*, transportation*, and miscellaneous* expenses. (*based on survey results of MACC students).
    • Adjustments may be made to a student’s COA for the contracted room and board with TSU.
      • Students with a $12,000 or less EFC will be awarded a $2,500 University Housing Grant by TSU to apply toward residence hall room costs
    • Adjustments may be made to a student’s COA for tuition and fees charged at TSU (for classes required for the MACC degree).
    • A copy of billing statement from TSU with assessed charges must be provided.
    • The COA is the maximum amount of financial aid a student may receive (total from all financial aid programs).
  •  All Financial Aid awarded at MACC will be applied to any MACC charges first.
  • Any credit balance remaining will be issued to the student on the 45th day of each semester. It is the student’s responsibility to pay TSU with their financial aid refund.
  • MACC cannot guarantee eligibility for enough financial aid to cover both MACC and TSU charges.
  • MACC scholarships cannot be transferred to TSU to cover charges at TSU.
  • All outside scholarships must be reported to MACC. Students should submit a ‘Terms of Scholarship’ letter to the MACC Business Office. The form can be found here: http://www.macc.edu/outside-scholarship-information