• facebook
  • youtube
  • Canvas sm
  • mymacc
  • applynow

Transfer Credit to MACC

Transfer credit from any post-secondary institution will be considered if regional, national, professional and/or specialized accreditation has been awarded and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The Higher Education Directory (HED) lists the accredited, degree-granting institutions of post-secondary education in the United States and its outlying areas.


Transfer Evaluation

Based on guidelines for student transfer and articulation among Public Missouri Colleges and Universities (CBHE, 1987), in most cases, MACC will accept all Associate degrees and/or Bachelor degrees as meeting all general education core requirements for the AAS/AA/AAT degrees only. Exceptions would be the ADN and AADN degrees and PN Certificate, which have specified time limits, and the A.S. degree, which has many specified core requirements. In both cores, the Registrar will evaluate courses individually regardless of whether or not a degree was awarded.

Transfer credit will only be considered from schools that are listed in the Higher Education Directory.

In general, college courses are not accepted from another college/university if taken at the junior/senior level. The only exception to this would be courses that have a direct equivalent to one of our classes (i.e. Accounting Principles is sometimes taught at the 300-level at area universities). Additionally, students transferring a “D” grade will be considered for credit by MACC.

Degree requirements are determined by the catalog in place at the time of initial enrollment.

Physiology must be taken within the last five (5) years of the date the student enrolls in the PN program.  In addition, Microbiology and Physiology must be taken within the last five (5) years of the date the student enrolls in the ADN and AADN programs. If not, the credit will not apply toward the degree/certificate (ADN or PN). This includes science courses taken at MACC.

State Technical College of Missouri course work will be evaluated for credit if taken during the summer 1997 semester or thereafter.


Military Transcript Evaluation Procedure

All veterans who provide a DDT214 (Basic Training) or INOBE will be awarded 2 Physical Education (activity) credits.

Additionally, all military transcripts, which are requested by a veteran (admitted MACC student) to be evaluated, must be submitted to the Registrar. If possible, a veteran should submit a military transcript to the Registrar, which is available on ANY veteran who attended military service from 1985 to present.

If the veteran (student) is a Technical/Career major, the transcript/military records will be forwarded to the Dean of Technical/Career Education. Veterans seeking an AA/AS/AAT degree will have their evaluation completed by the Registrar (or Dean of Student Services). Evaluations will only be completed on veterans (students) who have a declared major.


Test Equivalency Credit 

CLEP (College-Level Exam Program)


CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) Credit

CLEP credit will not be given for Composition (LAL102). CLEP credit in science and PSY101 courses will not be awarded to students pursuing a degree/credit in the ADN/PN programs.

CLEP Equivalency Guidelines
Score Required Credit Hours Awarded
Course Equivalency
   Financial Accounting  50  3  ACC101 Elementary Accounting I
   Principles of Macroeconomics  50  3  ECN101 Macroeconomics
   Principles of Microeconomics  50  3  ECN102 Microeconomics
   Introductory Business Law  50  3  BUS120 Business Law I
   Principles of Management  50  3  BUS112 Principles of Management
   Principles of Marketing  50  3  MKT105 Principles of Marketing
   College Composition  50  3  LAL101 Composition I
   English Composition*  50  3  LAL101 Composition I
   Freshman College Composition*  50  3  LAL101 Composition I
   American Literature  50  6  LAL120 American Literature to 1870 and
 LAL121 American Literature from 1870
   Analyzing & Interpreting Literature  50  3  Literature Elective
   English Literature  50  6  LAL150 English Literature from 1750 and
 LAL151 English Literature from 1750
  History and Social Sciences
   American Government**  50   3  Social Science Elective
   United States History I **  50   3  Social Science Elective
   United States History II  50  3  HST106 American History from 1865
   Social Sciences & History  50  3  Social Science Elective
   Western Civilization I  50  3  HST101 Western Civilization I
   Western Civilization II  50  3  HST102 Western Civilization II
   Introductory Psychology  50  3  PSY101 General Psychology
   Human Growth & Development  50  3  PSY205 Human Lifespan Development
   Introductory Sociology  50  3  SOC101 Sociology
  Mathematics and Computer Science
   College Mathematics  50   3  Math Elective
   College Algebra  50  3  MTH140 College Algebra
   Precalculus  50  3  MTH150 Precalculus
   Calculus  50  3  MTH201 Analytic Geometry & Calculus I
   Information Systems & Comp App.  50  3  CIT102 Intro to Information Technology
   Biology  50   3  Biology Elective (non-lab credit)
   Chemistry  50  3  Chemistry Elective (non-lab credit)
   Natural Sciences  50  3  Science Elective (non-lab credit)
  World Languages and Humanities   
   Spanish, Level 1  50  5  FLN101 Elementary Spanish
   Spanish, Level 2  63 10  FLN101 Elementary Spanish and
 FLN102 Intermediate Spanish
   French, Level 1  50  5  FLN111 Elementary French
   French, Level 2  59  10  FLN111 Elementary French and
 FLN112 Intermediate French
   German, Level 1  50  5  Foreign Language Elective
   German, Level 2  60  10  Foreign Language Elective
   Humanities  50  3  Humanities Elective
  Teacher Education
   Intro to Educational Psychology  50  3  No Credit
  *no longer available
  **Students who wish to receive credit for HST105 or PSC105 must also pass an institutional Missouri Constitution exam.




MACC's Articulation Agreements