Year-Round-Pell Helps Pay for Summer
The Federal Pell Grant Program allows an eligible student to receive up to 150 percent of the student’s Federal Pell Grant scheduled award. This is known as “Year-Round Pell”. Year-Round Pell benefits a student that was enrolled full time in the Fall and Spring terms and allows them to receive up to an additional full Federal Pell Grant for the Summer. Students may take advantage of this program to earn their degree faster.
• Students must be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant for the payment period.
• Students must be enrolled at least half-time.
• Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
• Students must have utilized 100% of the Federal Pell Grant prior to receiving additional funds.
Things to keep in mind:
• Summer terms are shorter – Take a manageable caseload.
• Failure to complete courses and/or failure of courses can affect a student’s eligibility and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
• Only take courses that are required toward declared degree program at MACC.
• Summer Federal Pell counts toward a student’s Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU)
• Award amount cannot exceed the maximum award for one payment period.
Calculating Lifetime Eligibility Used
Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) refers to the total amount of Federal Pell Grant funds a student can receive over their lifetime. If a student was disbursed Federal Pell Grant funds for full-time enrollment for the fall and spring semesters, their Federal Pell Grant usage for that year equals 100%. Everyone’s lifetime limit is set at 600% by federal law, which means students have 6 years of eligibility before reaching that 600% lifetime maximum.
If a student were to take advantage of Year-Round-Pell, they would receive additional Pell grant funds each year. They are still limited to a lifetime limit of 600%, so they simply reach their lifetime limit more quickly.
Utilizing Year-Round-Pell results in a student reaching their lifetime limit more quickly, but they are still eligible for Pell Grant funds for at least 4 years.
Students can check their LEU percentage at any time by logging into Federal Student Aid (studentaid.gov)
Year-Round-Pell can help students complete their program and earn a degree more quickly.
• It’s not too late to register for summer courses – most classes begin June 6, 2022.
>>>>> Review Enrollment Instructions (https://www.macc.edu/admissions-advising/)
• Review the Summer Financial Aid Guide for more information about financial aid for the summer
• You must complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA for the summer 2022 semester.
>>>>> THE VERY LAST DAY TO SUBMIT A 2021-2022 FAFSA IS JUNE 30, 2022
• Contact the Financial Aid Office for additional questions at email@example.com.