Raymond and Lorene Elsbury Scholarship
Two $1500 scholarships per year to a student transferring to a 4-year college, to be given $750 per semester and renewable for the second year, also to be given $750 per semester.
SCHOLARSHIP BASED ON:
- College grade point average...cumulative 2.50 GPA, 12 credit hours of degree courses
- Extra-curricular activities, high school and college
- Service to community
- Financial Need: (see #6)
- Statement by student concerning:
- What part of your educational expenses are being covered by, (a) parents; (b) other scholarships (c) other means?
- Three letters of reference from:
- Former employers
- High school, College faculty & staff
- Professionals in the community
- Statement of Personal goals, Career goals, and Financial need (see #4) ....typed and in narrative form.
RENEWAL CRITERIA OPTIONS (on yearly basis)
- 2.50 GPA in degree courses
- Minimum of 12 credit hours
- Proof of enrollment and payment of fees before money is disbursed.
ADVISORY BOARD....to meet once a year in the Spring
- Four members of the Foundation Scholarship Committee appointed by the Chair
- One member of the Foundation Finance Committee
- MACC Dean of Student Services
- Dean of Academic Affairs
- Dean of Vocational/Technical Education