Prepare for Graduation
Generic MACC Graduation Announcements are in!
Students wishing to purchase generic graduation announcements will be able to buy them at Student Services on the main campus beginning next Monday, April 23, and at the Kirksville, Hannibal and Mexico sites beginning Tuesday, April 24.
Announcements are $2.00 each, and include the announcement, an insert card preprinted with the date, time and location of the ceremony, a separate insert cart to note the student name and degree, an inner envelope which should bear the handwritten name of the addressee, and an outer mailing envelope. The inside of the announcement is blank, which allows the graduate an area to write a personal message if they wish.
Distribution of caps and gowns for MACC graduates will begin in the next few days…watch for announcements.
Are you graduating? Congratulations!! Here is what you need to know and do to get that degree stamped on your transcripts and to walk across that stage on Friday, May 18, 2012!
- Submit an application for graduation. Earlier is better, but this must be done by Tuesday, May 1, 2012! You can pick up a graduation application packet in Student Services or any site office.
- Order your cap and gown when you apply for graduation. If you have submitted the pink cap and gown form from your graduation application, no other information is required. There are no regular fees for these items unless you apply for graduation and submit your forms after March 15, 2012! You will pay additional shipping fees for your cap and gown after that date.
- Go to the Grad Images web site (enter “Moberly Area Community College”) to pre-order your graduation pictures from the ceremony.
- Go to the Herff-Jones web site after March 1, 2012 (drop-down menu to select our school) to order your graduation announcements.
- Submit any institutional, foundation, or transfer scholarship applications by their printed deadline.
- If an exit exam or other assessment is required for your degree program, sign up to take that exam as soon as possible. This is not required for AA/AS majors, but is required for most AAS/Certificate programs. Contact your site office or your academic advisor for more information regarding exit exams.
- Pay in full all outstanding fees to MACC. Meet all other requirements for your declared degree program.
- Let all your family and friends know you are graduating from MACC and invite them to come and help you celebrate on May 18th! Check out the map for the location of the ceremony. You need to be there not later than 5 pm!
For more information about graduation and Commencement exercises, go to the Graduation Information page of the MACC web site!