Makerspace Naming Contest
September 15th - 24th, 2020.
The winner to be announced on October 1st, 2020.
Survey Invitation: http://bit.ly/MakerspaceContest
Calling all makers, creators, entrepreneurs, and do-ers - we need your help in naming the brand new 5,000 sq. ft. Makerspace at Moberly Area Community College - Columbia. This state of the art collaborative space brings innovative and top of the line equipment and tools to a community workspace with creative entrepreneurs in mind. This unique space allows for makers and doers of many ages and skill sets to continue improving in their trade.
How does the Makerspace work?
The MACC Makerspace is a large collaborative space offering monthly or annual memberships. Discounted rates will be offered to MACC students and veterans. Upon
enrollment into the membership agreement, members will be asked to take, and pass, a Makerspace safety class.
What equipment is available at the Makerspace?
At the MACC Makerspace, you will find each area comes fully equipped with state of the art machines and tools. A full-service woodshop, metal shop, and CNC Shop will allow for carpenters, fabricators, programmers, mechanics, and more to build and improve their skills and craftsmanship.
You will also find a large general space to be used for a variety of self-starters and creatives. Here you will have access to use a 3D printer, you’ll be able to frame artworks, or use a variety of computers and electronic equipment. Large print job? You’ll be able to use our wide format printer or vinyl cutter. A large section of this general area is dedicated to textiles and crafts; featuring sewing machines, a long-arm quilter, embroidery machine, precision cutters, and more.
How to enter:
- Submit your entries by visiting This Link and completing the questions by September 24th at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- No more than 3 entries may be submitted by one entrant.
- With your submission please include your:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- The contest is open to Moberly Area Community College faculty, staff, and students.
- The winning name will be selected by the MACC Makerspace Naming Contest committee. Its decision is final. No further correspondences shall be entered into.
- MACC Makerspace Naming Contest committee reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the name to MACC.
- Accepting of the prize constitutes permission for MACC to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested, but is not required.
- The winner will receive a one-month free membership to the Makerspace to be used anytime within 1 year (12 months) of the opening date.
- All entries will become the sole property of MACC and may be used publicly on MACC’s website and other media, etc. as MACC deems appropriate. Makerspace Naming Contest participants forfeit all rights to the name submissions and agree that MACC may alter the name submission to suit institutional needs. Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. By participating in the contest, the entrant is representing and warranting that s/he has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these official rules constitute the entire agreement between the entrant and Moberly Area Community College and its entities. They govern the entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the entranced and MACC and relating to the contest.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Limit 3 Entries per person.
- Submit your entries by visiting This Link and completing the questions by September 24th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. The winner will be announced on October
- Moberly Area Community College and its entities, reserve the right to cancel the Makerspace Naming Contest for any reason at any time during the contest duration.
- Moberly Area Community College and its entities, reserve the right to amend these rules and policies at any time and without notice. Any changes will be posted online on this page.
- Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that may apply.
- Each individual agrees that Moberly Area Community College, its entities, and their respective affiliates, employees, or funding agency shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or resulting from entry in this contest, acceptance or use of a prize or any other matter related to the contest, including, without limitation, claims based on property damage, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- By entering the Makerspace Naming Contest, each individual agrees to abide by and are bound by all decisions from the Makerspace Naming Committee relating to the determination of winners.
- Upon submission of the entries, the individual agrees that MACC owns the rights Makerspace name and may use in any way deemed necessary.
- Kaylee Paffrath, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, ,
660.263.4100 ext. 11261
- Jo Fey, Dean of Workforce Development & Technical Education, ,
660.263.4100 ext. 11252
- Tia Brown, Makerspace Coordinator, , 573.234.1067