• apply now
  • Canvas
  • mymacc
  • apply now

Loan Repayment and Financial Literacy


Moberly Area Community College wants all of our students to be well informed regarding both borrowing and repaying student loans. We encourage our students to manage debt wisely. The Financial Aid Office offers assistance with money management. These services are open to all current and former students. Our staff is always willing to discuss any questions you may have about establishing good financial habits.


Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers:

All student loan borrowers are required to complete exit counseling when they withdraw, graduate or reduce their enrollment status to less than half time (less than six hours). MACC will notify loan borrowers of this requirement and will require Exit Counseling to be completed online at: www.studentloans.gov

National Student Loan Database System:

You can find information about all your student loans—Direct Loans, FFEL Program Loans, and Federal Perkins Loans—by accessing the Department of Education's National Student Loan Data System at: www.nslds.ed.gov or by calling toll-free (800)999-8219. You will need your FSA ID to access NSLDS. If you have not created one, you can do so at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.

Student Loan Repayment:

Are you having trouble repaying your student loans? You may be able to postpone your payments. You need to contact your loan servicer to see about applying for a deferment or forbearance. Please follow the link to get more information:


You may be able to change your payment amount on your student loan every month. There are options available for those who have a reduced income or may have a large amount of student loan debt. Click the link below to see if there are any repayment options that may work better for you if you qualify:


Do you have a large amount of student loan debt? Maybe you have loans from different schools that have different servicers. If you are making more than one payment on your student loans every month, student loan consolidation might be an option for you. Follow the link below for more information on student loan consolidation:


If you work in certain kinds of teaching or public service fields, there are possible forgiveness programs. You must meet certain qualifications to have your loan balance forgiven. You can find more information at the following link:


In the case of death or total and permanent disability, a student's loan debt could be discharged. Please refer to the following link for more information on how to apply:


Financial Literacy:

Do you need help with money management? Visit our Cash Course website at: http://www.cashcourse.org.


Take a look around. The information here will help you make informed financial decisions throughout your college years and into your professional life.