Missing Student Policy
In accordance with the requirements of the Jeanne Clery Act, all institutions with on-campus housing are required to establish a missing student notification policy. This policy must:
- Inform students that they can identify a contact who will be notified within 24 hours if they are reported missing
- Create a system for students to register their contact information
- Inform students under the age of 18 that the institution must contact the custodial parent within 24 hours of determining a student is missing
- Inform students that the institution will notify law enforcement within 24 hours of determining a student is missing
- Initiate notification procedures with 24 hours of determining a student is missing.
All employees connected to the McCormick Commons and Residential Center (Dean of Student Affairs, Housing Coordinator, Dorm Supervisors, Resident Assistants) will notify the Security Director immediately upon receiving a report that a student is missing from the dorm. The 24 hour reporting period begins when one of the above listed employees receives information that a student is missing from the dorm. Once it is determined that a student is missing from the dorm, the Security Director or Dean of Student Affairs will notify the Moberly Police Department and initiate a missing persons report. Any additional information will be given immediately to the Security Director and Dean of Student Affairs. This information will be forwarded to the Moberly Police Department.
Once a student has been located, the Security Director and Dean of Student Affairs will be notified immediately, and the Moberly Police Department will be informed as to the student’s whereabouts.