• facebook
  • youtube
  • Canvas
  • mymacc
  • apply now

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to apply to the program. How do I get an admission packet?

Admissions packets are available on the MACC website www.macc.edu. They are also available by contacting the any of the following:

  • Moberly Allied Health office at 1-660-263-4110, ext. 11250
  • Mexico Practical Nursing office at 1-573-582-0817, ext. 13619
  • Columbia Practical Nursing office at 1-573-214-3800 ext. 29801


What tests are required for admission into the program?

A placement exam such as an Accuplacer or ACT will be needed for admission to Moberly Area Community College.

The TEAS test must be completed with a score of 58% or greater for admission into the practical nursing program. Please refer to the Student Affairs section of the MACC website (www.macc.edu) for additional test information and schedules.


What if I have already had College Algebra and Composition I, do I still have to take the ACCUPLACER or ACT?

No. Please follow the guidelines for admission which can be found at http://www.macc.edu/admissions/steps-to-admissions and speak with an academic advisor.


Is there a study guide for the TEAS-V?

A TEAS-V study guide can be located at www.atitesting.com and at the college libraries.


What happens if I do not get the minimum score of 58% on the TEAS-V?

You can re-take the TEAS-V. There is a 30 day waiting period from the last date the test was taken.


Do you round GPAs? (Example: My GPA is a 2.47; do you round it to a 2.5?)

No, GPAs are not rounded. Please refer to the admissions criteria for the GPA requirement of each program.


Do I have to have my high school transcript or GED transcript?

Yes. Your high school transcript or GED transcript is required as part of the admissions packet.


Do I have to have all of my college transcripts?

Yes. All college transcripts must be present in order to evaluate the cumulative GPA. A transcript is required for each individual school you have attended.


If I am currently a MACC student, do I still need to send a transcript in my admissions packet?

If it has been less than 5 years since you have attended MACC, you do not need to include your MACC transcript. If it has been greater than 5 years since you last attended MACC, you will need to include the MACC transcript in your admission packet.


Can I have my references write a letter of recommendation instead of completing the required reference forms?

References must be completed on the required reference forms. You will find them in your admissions packet. Please note, if you have previously been enrolled in the MACC ADN program, one of your three references must be from an ADN faculty member.


When will I be notified of the admissions committee’s decision?

Letters of acceptance or regret will be sent via the mail 60 days after the admissions deadline.


Can I apply to all three programs – Columbia, Mexico and Moberly PN programs?

You may apply to only one location. If you are not selected at the initial location, you may choose to reapply at the alternate location.


How much does the program cost?

Cost including tuition and program specific cost can be located on the college website at www.macc.edu.


How long is the program?

The Practical Nursing program is a full-time, one-year certificate program. The program follows an alternate college calendar, beginning the first week of August.


If I am accepted in the program where should I expect to travel for clinical experiences?

A list of possible clinical locations is listed on the nursing website in the screen titled “Things You Need to Know”.


If I am accepted and complete the LPN program, can I continue with my education to become an RN?

Yes. MACC offers an Accelerated ADN program that enables LPNs to obtain an Associate Degree in Nursing.