Disruptive Telephone Call
►SECURITY - EXT. 11247 OR 651-9011 ● AFTER HOURS - POLICE - 263-0346 ● EMERGENCIES - 911 ◄
On occasion, employees or those associated with the College may receive threatening or harassing telephone calls on their campus phones. These calls may form a pattern; therefore, it is important to make note of certain information. Employees receiving threatening or harassing telephone calls (not bomb threats) will take the following steps:
- Note the date and specific time of each call received on the form provided.
- Listen for background noises.
- Try to determine the age, race, and sex of the caller based on the voice.
- If the receiver thinks he/she knows the caller, note this information.
- Note the exact words as accurately as possible.
- Notify the area supervisor and the Security Director (x11247) following the call.