Accelerated Associate Degree in Nursing
Admission to the nursing program Accelerated Admissions Option is based upon the following:
- Complete all admission requirements for Moberly Area Community College.
- Complete developmental courses and Intermediate Algebra prior to admission into the Accelerated Admissions Option Program.
- Obtain a composite ACT of 20 or above. The ACT must be repeated if completed five years or more before the date of entry into the AADN program. Test dates are available from Student Services.
- Complete the NLN Challenge Exam with a score of 62% or greater on the NACE I Nursing Care of the Child and NACE I Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family. Please register online for the exam at www.nln.org.
- Submit official transcripts of high school, GED transcript, previous college, and/or schools of nursing to the Registrar in the Office of Student Services.
Complete and return a notarized Revocation of Licensure form to the Health Sciences office prior to or on September 1.
- Complete and return a notarized Essential Qualifications form to the Health Sciences office prior to or on September 1.
- Submit to and pass a criminal background check as well as the review of the Employee Disqualification List through the Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Consideration is given for prior experience in the health care field.
- Three completed reference forms must be submitted. The individual score on each category must be no higher than a 2.0. These may not be completed by a personal friend, or relative. The reference forms will not be accepted if hand delivered. Reference forms should be mailed or faxed from the person providing the reference to the Health Sciences office. If the student has attended the MACC Associate Degree Nursing program within the last two years, one of the reference forms must be obtained from the Dean or Director of Health Sciences.
- Provide proof of graduation with a minimum GPA of 2.70 or above from a state-accredited program of Practical Nursing.
- Provide a copy of current undisciplined Missouri Practical Nursing license.
- Have earned a "C" or above grades in all required courses which are part of the ADN curriculum.
- Have a cumulative 2.7 grade point average from high school or college. All university or college coursework attempted will be considered when determining a student's cumulative grade point average. College transcript supersedes high school transcript.
- Students in the Accelerated Associate Degree Program must obtain a “C” or higher in all coursework required for the degree.
- Have a TOEFL score of 560 on the written exam or a score of 86 on the TOEFL IBT exam, or an ACT English score of 20 or greater, or a "C" or better in Composition I for students for whom English is a second language.
These are minimum application criteria for the program and do not guarantee admission. The above information will be received and evaluated by an admissions committee. The selection process is competitive and the decisions of the admission committee are final.