Blackboard Collaborate FAQs
What is Blackboard Collaborate?
Picture yourself taking an MACC course from the comfort of your own home. Blackboard Collaborate makes it possible for students to do just that. This is an online instruction delivery system that allows real-time interaction between the instructor and the student from a remote location.
What equipment do I need for Collaborate?
- Microphone/headset combination (USB type is recommended and available at the bookstore)
- Computer that meets the technical requirements
First-Time Users: How do I set up my computer to run Collaborate?
- Click the link provided by your host, or open this configuration room. Follow the prompts to download and install the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
- After the launcher is installed, open the following file: meeting.collab. For additional help joining a session, click here.
- Configure your session to set up your audio and microphone.
How do I access my virtual classroom?
- Go to http://www.macc.edu/macc-online-home and click the Canvas icon. Log in with the login ID and password your advisor gave you.
- Select the course you are taking that uses Blackboard Collaborate
- Go to Modules, select Virtual Classroom, and click the Live Virtual Room link provided by your instructor.
What Help resources do I have for Collaborate?
For technical support call 1 (877) 382-2293, or go to Behind the Blackboard
Hints and Tips
- Make sure your headset is plugged in before you start Blackboard Collaborate or it might not be detected.
- Blackboard Collaborate takes time to load so make sure you log in ten to fifteen minutes before your course starts.
- Take time to get familiar with the Blackboard Collaborate program and it tools. To download the complete Participant's Guide, click here.
- When you click a link to open Blackboard Collaborate, be patient or you will open two sessions at once
- Should you lose connection with Blackboard Collaborate, try logging out and then log back in.