At a recent meeting of the MACC Administrative Professionals' Association (APA) Betty Blakey was presented with a Certificate of Appreciation for her work in establishing the Administrative Professionals' Association. Betty presented the idea to Dr. Jorgenson and on May 15, 2007, Dr. Jorgenson approved the establishment of an Administrative Professionals' Association at MACC. At the June 19, 2007, APA meeting, the following Mission and Goals was approved by the group.
Moberly Area Community College
Administrative Professionals Association
Mission and Goals
The objective of the Moberly Area Community College Administrative Professionals' Association is to better support the mission of the College through networking and professional development. The Association will serve as a forum to ensure that those who process forms and correspondence are aware of the proper avenues, procedures, and personnel involved. It will also provide opportunities for sharing experiences and ideas from various departments, offices, and campuses.
1. To increase the effectiveness of organizational processes by implementing computerized forms, electronic transmission, and electronic files as feasible.
2. To increase communication between various offices/departments.
3. To consolidate efforts of various offices/departments with a vision toward reducing paperwork and mailings.
4. To develop orientation materials and procedures in order to provide newly hired administrative professionals with a smooth transition into the MACC workforce.
5. To provide professional development opportunities within the organization.
The group meets on an as needed basis, usually once every two months. The organization is open to administrative assistants, secretaries, receptionists, and clerks at all MACC campus sites. The organization elects a Leader and Assistant Leader for a term of one year.
Although Betty is now retired from MACC, she still works as a part-time Administrative Support Specialist on an as needed basis at the college. Most recently she has been helping in the President's Office.