It's FAFSA Time! (Yes, Again)
It's time to start thinking about your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014-2015 school year!
Completing the FAFSA is not a one-time event. You must complete a FAFSA each school year. The good news is if you have completed the FAFSA in the past, a lot of your info will roll-over automatically.
REMEMBER: You never have to pay to complete the FAFSA. That's why it's called the FREE Application for Federal Student Aid. The form is available for free at the official US government site. Visit www.fafsa.gov to start the process.
Here are some tips to prepare your FAFSA:
1) Review an online tutorial to help you get ready. Here are Seven Easy Steps to the 2014-2015 FAFSA: A Student's Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid http://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification
2) Have your PIN ready. You can get it at www.pin.ed.gov. (Your parents may need one too.)
3) Gather all the documents you'll need to apply. Find out what you'll need at http://1.usa.gov/1dRxe9T
4) Go to the official government site to complete your application: www.fafsa.gov
5) Use your 2012 tax records to estimate your financial information. Once you file your 2013 taxes use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to update your FAFSA at http://1.usa.gov/1dRxbL9