We're looking for:
Are you a welder? Woodworker? Lego Builder? Do you do pottery or ceramics? Are you some kind of other maker, doer, or sculptor? WE WANT YOU TO BUILD A BANK!
We're looking for creative, awesome, and exciting banks...a spin on the iconic piggy bank. It doesn't have to be a pig, but it needs to be a functional, secure piece of work.
WHY we're looking:
Dr. Evelyn Jorgenson is retiring after 27 years at MACC—17 of those as President. During her tenure, one of Dr. Jorgenson's accomplishments was the establishment of the Endowment for the Arts. The Endowment allows the College to bring art and artists to our campuses and to the communities and areas in which we serve.
On June 15th, MACC will host a retirement Gala for Dr. Jorgenson. This event will be a fundraiser for the Endowment for the Arts. A committee of faculty & staff will review the bank submissions and choose five banks to display at the Gala. Attendees will place money as a "vote" into their favorite bank. Money raised will go to the Endowment for the Arts.
The creator of the bank that collects the most money will win a 3 credit hour class* and $250 cash!
- Entries must be submitted by current MACC students.
- Your bank must store currency (coins and bills).
- Banks can be made from any material (wood, wire, metal, clay, ceramic, Legos—get creative!)
- The bank cannot exceed 36 inches X 36 inches X 36 inches.
- You may use or repurpose other containers.
- Banks will not be returned, but will be available for pick up after June 18.
- An entry shall be void if it contains any material which committee members find offensive or inappropriate, such as, but not limited to, profanity.
Banks must be dropped off at the MACC Alumni Museum (Moberly campus, Main Building, Room 116) by 4 p.m. on May 31.
After all submissions are collected, a committee will vote on the top 5 pieces. Those 5 banks will be on display at the send-off event.
For questions regarding the "Create the Bank" contest, contact Chad at or (660) 263-4100 ext. 11550.
The Retirement Gala is by invitation only. For more information, contact Scott at or (660) 263-4100 ext. 11262.