Point-to-point Polycom Use
Location and time scheduling of Polycom Viewstations is mandatory.
Click here for Scheduling Information
To turn the Polycom system on:
1. Make sure the surge protector is turned on.
2. Make sure unit is plugged to network wall jack.
3. Turn on power to Viewstation. (The yellow "IP" & "Gatekeeper" will flash on the screen for about 1 minute while the system is booting, when it disappears or turns green the station is ready to connect.)
4. Turn on power to TV.
5. Centrally locate microphone in relation to conference participants.
To place a call:
1. Use red arrow buttons to move cursor on (red) address book.
2. Press enter button (center red button) to open address book.
3. Select desired location and press appropriate number to connect. Or select from the address book if not one of the six available in the speed dial listing.
4. If address is not in the Address Book, click on the TV icon in the center of main screen. Type in the IP address in the location box. (ex. 184.108.40.206), the periods are entered by selecting the right arrow button.
Calls can be placed from 128kb to 768kb connection rate depending on quality of connection needed and the internet bandwidth available. Normally connections are made at 384kb.
To disconnect a call:
1. Press the green button twice.
To adjust the volume:
1. Volume control on right side of remote. (mute button for near side on remote or press button in center of microphone)
To change the camera view:
1. Select near or far camera using near or far button remote. (Near is the camera at your location and far is the camera at the remote location.)
2. Adjust camera left, right, up, or down using red arrows on remote.
3. Zoom button on remote adjusts zoom in/out.
To turn the unit off:
1. Hit green button twice to close video conference session.
2. Power switch on TV to off.
3. Power switch on Viewstation to off.
4. Coil microphone cord onto cart cord holder.