Online Guide to using Elluminate
What is Elluminate?
Picture yourself taking an MACC course from the comfort of your own home.
Elluminate makes it possible for students to do just that. Elluminate is an online instruction delivery system that allows real-time interaction between the instructor and the student from a remote location.
Getting Started With Elluminate
Things you will need:
- Microphone/headset combination
(USB recommended and available at the bookstore)
- Computer that meets the technical requirements
Go to http://www.elluminate.com/support and do the following:
- Download the latest Java Software
- Join the Configuration Room
- Configure your audio and microphone
- For technical support call 1-866-388-8674 option 2
How to access your class
- Log in to www.tristateonline.org with the login ID and password your advisor gave you
- Select the course you are taking that uses Elluminate
- Click on the Elluminate Tab under Course home
- Click on the Elluminate Image to be redirected to your Elluminate meeting room
Learn how to work in Elluminate
Please click on the following links for important user instructions :
Hints and Tips
- Make sure your headset is plugged in before you start Elluminate or it might not be detected
- Elluminate takes time to load so make sure you log in ten to fifteen minutes before your course starts
- Take some time with the Elluminate program in order to get familiar with all the tools
- Once you start Elluminate, be patient or you will open two sessions at once
- Should you lose connection with elluminate, try logging out and then log back in.
- Use the tutorials and the quick reference guide