What a Career Focus Workshop can do for you
- Help you discover more about your personality, interests, strengths & values.
- Teach you strategies for setting goals and staying motivated.
- Help you make better-informed, career-related decisions.
- Identify and clarify your greatest strengths and help you build on them.
- Point you to resources to be successful in your chosen career.
- Inspire you to take action to change your life for the better.
- Remind you that you are not alone.
- Start you on a new path toward achieving your dreams.
- Show you the benefits of dreaming BIG!
What you will do in a Career Focus Workshop
Workshops are generally two hours long, and you might want to schedule a follow-up, one-on-one visit with the facilitator. Here's what to expect:
- Sessions will take place on a computer, generally in a classroom setting.
- The facilitator will take you through interactive activities that help you identify your values and set goals. You will also find resources and tools for career exploration and development.
- Some of the activities include:
- Strengthsquest® (developed by Gallup Inc.) will help you learn how your talents can help you develop personally and professionally.
- The Myers Briggs Type Inventory explains different personality types and shows you how to relate to them in your daily life, whether at school, on a job, in a career, or in personal relationships.
- Missouri Connections is a web-based, comprehensive career development system supported by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.