Financial Aid Checklist
1. APPLY EARLY AND INVESTIGATE ALL DEADLINES!
2. Apply for admission to MACC in Student Services or online.
3. Register for a program of study that will lead to a Certificate, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts degree, or an Associate of Arts in Teaching.
4. Submit an official copy of your high school transcript be sent to the Office of the Registrar at MACC. A copy of G.E.D. scores may be substituted for this requirement.
5. Submit official transcripts from EACH college/university previously attended.
6. Apply for a PIN number at www.pin.ed.gov to sign the FAFSA on the Web electronically.
7. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (http://www.fafsa.gov) and list MACC’s federal school code, 002491, in step six (6).
8. Register for classes that are required for the degree you are currently seeking at MACC. Financial aid will not cover courses that are not required for your degree. Some financial aid programs have minimum credit hour requirements (i.e. student loans require enrollment in at least six (6) credit hours).
9. If applying for a loan, do all of the above, and also:
a) Read the MACC Student Loan Application Guide. Refer all questions and concerns to the Financial Aid Office for resolution so you fully understand the process before proceeding to the next step.
10. Submit any additional documentation requested; such as, but not limited to, a Verification Worksheet and Tax Return Transcript.
Please Note that you must meet certain eligibility standards established by the federal, state, institutional and private aid sources. These may include but are not limited to the following: You must be making satisfactory academic progress as defined by MACC's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy; if you are currently in default on a previous student loan, you may not be eligible to receive any Title IV Aid (i.e., Federal Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, Work-Study, etc.); you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen; and you must be registered with Selective Service (http://www.sss.gov/) if male, at least 18 years of age and born after December 31, 1959 , and not currently a member of the active armed forces. (Register online at www.sss.gov).