• facebook
  • youtube
  • Canvas sm
  • mymacc
  • applynow

International Students

logo finalInstructions for International Applicants

Welcome to MACC! We are excited about your interest in our college. Please read the instructions below for more information on how to apply for admission. If you have any questions at all, please call 1-800-622-2070 and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process.

Please submit the following to the Office of Admissions - Due Prior to the Release of I-20 Form:

1. Application Form (to be completed by Applicant), this will include a copy of your passport.

2. Official academic records/remarks (certified copies from all lower/higher secondary and college/university level institutions attended). If in doubt as to the kind of records needed, submit all educational materials.

3. Certificate of Finances (translated into American Currency) providing adequate support for the full period of study at this college, accompanied by documentation. A current certified letter from a bank or a letter of sponsorship from a government or established organization may be used as an attachment to certification. Minimal amount needed is $10,000 or equivalent.

4. Certified proof of proficiency in the English language, which may be achieved by one of the following:

  1. Minimum score of 450 PBT (CBT133/IBT 46) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.). An original T.O.E.F.L. score is preferred, but copies of T.O.E.F.L. scores will be accepted.
  2. or

  3. Minimum overall band score of 5.5 on the International English Language Testing System test (IELTS). Original is preferred, but copies will be accepted.
  4. or

  5. Completion of an English program at an approved Intensive English Institution. (Subject to approval by the Office of Admissions).


  6. Applicants who hold a diploma from a secondary/higher education institution in English speaking countries (U.S., Canada, England, Republic of Ireland, Australia or New Zealand) with a minimum of two years successful full-time study with English as the medium of instruction..


  7. ACT English 20

5. All tuition and fees must be paid in full at the time the student is permitted to register for classes.

6. Out-of-the-Country International Students who request admission to Moberly Area Community College must provide a $1200.00 deposit (money order/cashier's check) prior to the I-20 being approved and sent to the student. This deposit will be used as payment toward tuition and fees. Upon the student's arrival to the college the balance of tuition and fees will be paid in full.

7. Transfer students must have a letter of good standing from the most recent college/university attended.

8. Must enroll at Moberly Area Community College as a full-time student. Exception will be made for students enrolled concurrently at another college/university on a full-time basis.

General Information

• An international student is defined as any student in the United States on a VISA (i.e. F-1, J-1, Tourist, etc.). An individual who has a permanent resident status (card) follows the admissions procedure outlined for a U.S. citizen.

• All International Students must be prepared to pay the semester's tuition and fees in full at the time of registration.

Fees & Tuition

• Approximately $2,700 U.S. Dollars ($225 per semester hour) for Fall (August to December) semester or Spring (January to May) semester. International students are also responsible for carrying insurance through MACC at the current rate (~$600-800 per semester).

• Financial Aid is not available for International Students.

• Upon arrival to our college please ask about housing assistance.

Educational Programs

Child Care
** Liberal Arts
*Associate Degree Nursing
Computer Information Systems Tech.
Business & Office Tech
*Practical Nursing
Welding & Metal Tech.
Marketing/Management Tech.
Graphic Arts
*Medical Laboratory Tech.

*Limited Enrollment Programs: ADN, P.N. and MLT programs have specific requirements and application processes.
**This program is designed for students who wish to transfer to any college/university toward a bachelor's degree.