Helpful Hints to the Financial Aid Process:
- Plan Ahead--Become familiar with procedures, priority dates and deadlines.
- Apply Early--The best time to file the FAFSA for maximum and timely consideration is between October 1 and February 1. You do not need to have completed your tax returns in order to file your FAFSA. It is better to file early with good estimates (based on W-2's and year-end earnings statements) than to file late with exact figures. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
- Keep Records--Complete all forms carefully and keep copies for your records.
- Respond to Information Requests--Promptly reply to all requests from our office for additional information.
- Reapply Every Year--Financial aid is not automatically renewed. You must file a FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA to be considered for financial aid each year. Check renewal requirements on all awards.
- Manage Debt Wisely--We recommend that borrowing be limited to necessary educational expenses. Our office offers debt management assistance to help you project repayment obligations and options.
- Ask Questions--Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions or concerns you may have.