• facebook
  • youtube
  • Canvas
  • mymacc
  • apply now

Alumni Museum

Since its opening in 2007, the Moberly Area Community College Alumni Museum houses memorabilia and historical documents dating back to the College’s inception. The Alumni Museum is Room 116, a former classroom on the main floor of the Main Building on the Moberly campus. A slight renovation of the museum took place in 2017 in commemoration of MACC’s 90th anniversary.

The Museum is the vision of Dr. Evelyn Jorgenson, the MACC Board of Trustees, and the MACC Alumni Association. When the Museum began to take shape, all the material was waiting to be separated, cataloged and preserved. Responding to appeals, faculty and alumnus donated much of the college memorabilia. The result is a visual journey of MACC’s history.

The memorabilia is on display by decades, and as the visitor’s eye glances around the museum, one learns of the College’s development over the years. The College’s growth is apparent by the addition to facilities on the Moberly campus, the expansion of new locations within the service region, and the establishment of new programs and certifications to meet the needs of workforce development.

The Museum also captures the pride that MACC and the Moberly community hold for their athletic programs. Displayed are photos and season records from the pre-WWII collegiate football teams. There is memorabilia from the Men’s Greyhound programs starting with Coach Maurice John’s (1947-58) and Lowell “Cotton” Fitzsimmons’ (1959-67) eras, to the present. Both late coaches put Moberly and the Greyhound program on the national map by winning back-to-back national championships at the NJCAA Tournaments in the mid-’50s and ’60s. The uniforms, team photos, and letter jackets instill the tradition of Greyhound basketball.

Space is available in the museum for visitors to trace the progress of the College by looking through yearbooks, MACC Newsletters, student newspapers, and graduation programs. Another item of interest is an original blue print of the front exterior of Main Building, drafted in March 1930, by well-known local architect Ludwig Abt. There are programs from past drama and music presentations, and writings by former faculty members. Also, a large photo display unit holds photos from all the decades of the college’s history.

The Museum is staffed daily by the Foundation & Alumni director, and campus tours are available. The College is happy to accept new memorabilia at any time to maintain the history of this great institution. 

 

 

Click on photos to enlarge