Medical Laboratory Technician
Applicants must fulfill the following academic requirements to be considered for admission.
- Complete all admission requirements for Moberly Area Community College.
- Submit official transcripts from high school or GED to the Registrar in Student Services.
- Submit official college or university transcripts to the Registrar in Student Services.
- A composite ACT score of 19 OR COMPASS scores of 59 in writing, 74 in reading and 55 in algebra OR 12 hours of 2.5 GPA in the program prerequisite science and mathematics courses is required. These prerequisite courses include the following:
- MTH 140 College Algebra
- BIO 205 Anatomy
- PHY 121 General Chemistry I (with lab)
- BIO 206 Microbiology
- BIO 209 Physiology (with lab)
- Student must have a "C" or above grades in all required courses that are a part of the MLT curriculum.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from high school or college. College transcripts supersede high school transcript.
- Complete, sign, and return the notarized Essential Qualifications form.
- Submit three references using the forms supplied by the MLT program. The composite score of each must be no higher than 2.0. References may not be completed by a personal friend or relative.
- Complete Physiology and Microbiology with a grade of C or better completed within the last 5 yrs.
- Submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- A TOEFL score of 560 OR a grade of “C” in Freshman English OR an English subscore of 20 on the ACT is required of students for whom English is a second language.
These are minimum application criteria for this program and do not guarantee admission.
Inquiries concerning Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which guarantees access to education regardless of disability, should be directed to:
All other inquiries concerning nondiscrimination, including equal opportunity and Title IX, should be directed to